It was a great day, with some great friends and family celebrating one great kid. Happy Birthday Ando, we sure do love you and are very blessed to have been given a wonderful gift.
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Andy's 5th Birthday Party
Can someone tell me where the last 5 years have gone? My first born is celebrating the big 5 birthday and I'm in shock. Maybe it's just the sleepless nights from having a newborn, but really, where did the last five years go??
I wanted Andy to have a great party that currently wasn't being held at our house, because it's still looking like I have a newborn and not feeling like being the hostess at my house, so a few months ago, I thought it would be great to celebrate at the Seattle Children's Museum at Seattle Center. Andy was totally on board and super excited. He made out a list of friends to invite and mom got the invitations out and went shopping at Trader Joe's for snacks. Okay, even though I still have a newborn, I just absolutely have to make the cupcakes from scratch. It's one of those crazy mom things I won't/can't let go of.
I picked the last time of the day, but didn't realize it was also the first day of boating, so traffic was a nightmare, but we made it in plenty of time. The kids were able to run around the museum and then we met for some food, presents and cupcakes. Leave it to mom to completely forget the candles and a lighter, so we had to sing Happy Birthday sans the fire. I only got a minimum amount of teasing.
After the cupcakes were consumed, the kids shot out of the room to go play some more and I have some great family and friends who cleaned up the mess while I fed Jacob. All in all, it was a great party.
No trip to the Seattle Center is complete without a visit to the International Fountain. The day was cloudy, but not too cool for the first of May, so the water was shooting and people were playing. Andy or maybe mainly Aaron got Grandpa to run around the fountain with them and I managed to get a couple of shots. Andy is in the bright yellow rain coat, so he is easy to find.
It was a great day, with some great friends and family celebrating one great kid. Happy Birthday Ando, we sure do love you and are very blessed to have been given a wonderful gift.
It was a great day, with some great friends and family celebrating one great kid. Happy Birthday Ando, we sure do love you and are very blessed to have been given a wonderful gift.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment