Well, Shabby Apple is having a contest with designing your own Vignette. I call mine
A Day with My Boys.
I have two boys who keep me running all day long. I do love my jeans and hoodie as much
as the next mom, but this outfit spices things up a bit. My day would start out with a coffee date at the local indoor mall play area ( I live in Seattle and it rains for 9 straight months each year). I can chat with girlfriends and watch the boys climb all over the boats. The boots allow me to chase after runaway kiddos without any hesitation.
The boys and I would then grab lunch at the local pizzeria in the mall that is a Northwest favorite and do a bit of shopping for the boys for the next season, grab some make-up for mom and meet up with grandma, aka the evening baby-sitter. 
The baubles allow me to go from cool mom of the day, to meeting a girlfriend for happy hour. Once we had our glass
of wine and sliders, my handsome husband enters the restaurant to whisk me away for an evening out just the two of us. We still have a gift card to Maggiano's that's burning a hole in my gun metal bag. After a yummy Italian dinner, we head upstairs to trade in our fancy footwear for bowling shoes and bowl a couple of games at Lucky Strikes. Our evening concludes with a visit to the Cheesecake Factory to pick up a to-go bag filled with Godiva Chocolate cheesecake. It's then off to grandma's to pick up a couple of sleepy boys, head home to put them to bed and then hubby and I can cuddle up to enjoy dessert.

The baubles allow me to go from cool mom of the day, to meeting a girlfriend for happy hour. Once we had our glass
of wine and sliders, my handsome husband enters the restaurant to whisk me away for an evening out just the two of us. We still have a gift card to Maggiano's that's burning a hole in my gun metal bag. After a yummy Italian dinner, we head upstairs to trade in our fancy footwear for bowling shoes and bowl a couple of games at Lucky Strikes. Our evening concludes with a visit to the Cheesecake Factory to pick up a to-go bag filled with Godiva Chocolate cheesecake. It's then off to grandma's to pick up a couple of sleepy boys, head home to put them to bed and then hubby and I can cuddle up to enjoy dessert.It's amazing how an outfit can be the beginning of a great day hanging out with my boys. So even if I don't win the outfit, I might just have to have my day with my boys anyway. Jeans and hoodie optional.
1 comment:
This is great. Hope you win!
Post a Comment