Monday, March 22, 2010

Musuem of Flight Field Trip

Today was an exciting day for the Pine Lake Coop Preschoolers in a the 4s class. Teacher Ardis took the kids on a wonderful trip to the Seattle Museum of Flight. They have a little program for children and all of the kiddos plus a few siblings took in an afternoon learning about planes.

The children were split up into three groups and the first group Andy was in the learned how to make their own glider using strips of paper and straws. I love this picture I captured of his group. All using their right hands to print their names on their gliders using the markers provided.

Of course, mom forgot her camera, so I was able to use my iPhone, but then the battery started going dead. Mom also wasn't feeling her best due to being 38 weeks pregnant, but we all did fine. Here is Andy getting ready to send his glider in the big blue yonder. The children also learned that if you flew the glider with the smaller side in the front, it went further. At least I think it was the smaller hole, I don't really remember since it's been a nap or two since we went.
Aaron also wanted in on the fun. This group time was a trip around the world to mail letters. They started in Seattle, flew to Chicago, then New York and on finally to Paris where they then returned to Seattle. The "cities" were at various points around the learning center area. The kids dawned on scarves and mail bags for the trip too.
The group of parents, students and siblings listening to the closing section of our field trip. It was a fun time exploring the museum and seeing some of the airplanes and items used in making airplanes. I only wished I had felt better because I would have enjoyed spending more time at the museum. This way we will just have to plan for a family outing someday.
More pictures can be seen on our SmugMug page.

No comments: